Enhance access to basic & quality education for all whilst institutionalizing enterprise, employability, work readiness skills development opportunities at secondary and tertiary levels.
A Nigeria with the human capital to drive transformational economic and social development.
What We Do
We deploy education, employability and entrepreneurship interventions that help prepare youth and young adults for the future & the global economy.
We support the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and we are focused on providing
By 2050, 1/4 of the world’s working age population will be African
60% of youth labour force aged 15-24 are unemployed or underemployed
13.9% unemployment rate
Employers’ key concern is the lack of employability skills amongst graduates
62% of employers challenges are Inadequate workplace skills and bad work attitude
National pupil/class ratio at secondary level: 62:1
20% of youth unemployment constitute tertiary graduates
Service and Impact Driven: We are building youth with better values, knowledge and skillsets, acting as drivers for socio-economic change in Nigeria. We deploy programs with impact at the heart of promoting human capital development
Inclusiveness and Transparency: We value learning and feedback. We pursue all opportunities to learn and that involves ensuring everyone is included in this feedback and learning process. We have nothing to hide
Citizenship Development & Diversity: We promote diverse, yet unified teams collaborating to jointly attain our common goals. We support students from all backgrounds, gender, religion and culture
Volunteer Mobilization: We provide a platform for individuals from diverse backgrounds, gender, ages, professions & cultures to collaborate to create value for youth and the country
Professionalism: We act with integrity, are responsible & provide best quality in our work. We “walk the talk” | “our word is our bond”
Knowledge Sharing: Because sharing experiences, skills and knowledge with others effects rapid and sustainable change
- We cooperate with individuals, corporates, not-for-profit, governments and international bodies to achieve the best results in human capital development in Nigeria.
- We strongly believe that schools are not the only vehicles for delivering education and that there are many pathways for learning and education for youth
- We are open, honest and accountable in our relationships with everyone we work with, and with each other
- We only accept funding/partnerships that don’t compromise our ability to address issues thoroughly & objectively
- We only provide accurate reports of our activities to our stakeholders
- We embrace and drive change
- We only implement solutions that will address all facets of a problem and be based on high standards of research including data gathering, observation and feedback
4 of the 6 geopolitical zones are represented across SOSF Leadership
80% of SOSF leadership are women
80% of SOSF leadership is under the age of 40