Join us in helping to change the world!
Why Work With Us
Experienced Board: We have a diverse highly qualified and cross functional leadership: Our board with combined 50+ years of experience, has worked across a broad range of sectors and organisations – corporate/private sector, not-for-profit (local & international) and public sector.
Flat Culture: We have a flat culture where executive council and the board interact and work seamlessly.
Our Work is Fulfilling: We offer education, employability and entrepreneurship opportunities to our beneficiaries giving them the chance to explore what’s out there and learn about the industry/careers/opportunities that’s right for them. We are affecting lives positively every day and that excites us.
Our Strong Partner Network: Our long-established relationships with over 50 partner firms means we can do a lot with a small team. We have an alumni network of 50+ professionals across various industries and trainers. Whether it is trainers, ex-staff, ex-mentors, or otherwise that we continue to engage with and have moved on to do other very interesting things. We would like to believe that they will continue promoting and imbibing SOSF values wherever they go. As you build your professional experience, you get the chance to share your knowledge with the next generation and to join our alumni network.
Quality Program Delivery: Our high impact programs are delivered by trained industry professionals.
Lean Cross Functional Team: We have a small team so leverage on each others’ perspectives, time and skills sets through our cross functional teams constantly sharing knowledge on our work. We find the balance in age; gender; geography. By creating an environment for team members to personally and professionally thrive, we will have maximum impact towards our mandate.
Our Recruitment Process
Internal Mobility Options: Job title re-designation and shadowing opportunities
Secondment: Through partner organizations
Volunteering & Entrepreneurship: Through ventures & partner organizations
Participation in Fellowships: Application support and sponsorship
Expand your Network: Attendance at conferences or seminars
Formal Learning: Flexibility to take e-learning and short courses; and annual training opportunities are chosen by staff
Mentoring & Coaching: As you build your professional experience, you get the chance to share your knowledge with the next generation and to join our alumni network
Management Experience: Given how small the team is, you will have the opportunity to higher program support officers and interns that you can manage
- We cooperate with individuals, corporates, not-for-profit, governments and international bodies to achieve the best results in human capital development in Nigeria.
- We strongly believe that schools are not the only vehicles for delivering education and that there are many pathways for learning and education for youth
- We are open, honest and accountable in our relationships with everyone we work with, and with each other
- We only accept funding/partnerships that don’t compromise our ability to address issues thoroughly & objectively
- We only provide accurate reports of our activities to our stakeholders
- We embrace and drive change
- We only implement solutions that will address all facets of a problem and be based on high standards of research including data gathering, observation and feedback